Xeno: Imperium Universum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xeno: Imperium Universum

The Official Forum for the Alliance Imperium Universum!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resource Management

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resource Management Empty Resource Management Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 am

sakana

One of the things I've been trying on the new server is to NOT upgrade Harvesting Pods and Resource Displacement too much early on.

Keeping these at a fairly low level will let your excess production convert to SC, which is (in my opinion) a better alternative to higher taxes.

Try and keep the cybernetic vault at a level that will protect most (if not all) of your resources. I learned that the hard way, after taking a four day "rest" to let resources build up so I could do a big upgrade, someone came in and snatched up a weeks worth of production. The Cybernetic Vault makes that a non-issue. Even if you don't have any defenses, and no fleet, if your resources are protected, a raid does you no harm

I focused on food production early on, without upgrading the Harvesting Pods. The Hydroponic Processors require a relatively small amount of resources to build, and scale fairly quickly. Keeping the Harvesting Pods at level 2 or 3 will allow you to quickly max out food storage, and then your production converts to SC at a rate of about 4 to 1. So, if your food production is 40/h, it's the same as getting 10/h SC and doesn't stop your other resources from collecting.

Just my thoughts on the subject, someone with more experience can probably add better details.

2Resource Management Empty Re: Resource Management Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Strelok

Strelok

I just started the game, and I had the great same ideia, I think that it's a great way to make income, that "lazy bastards XD".

Anyway, good idea sharing the idea.

Vi veri ueniversum vivus vici.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum