Xeno: Imperium Universum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xeno: Imperium Universum

The Official Forum for the Alliance Imperium Universum!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alliance Colony

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alliance Colony Empty Alliance Colony Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Tsal

Lately, I've been considering the creation of an allied colony.

It's potentially an incredibly effective way to organize our fleets for large scale attacks and create a center of trade and production. However, it also requires planning, teamwork, and a strategic set of coordinates where we can all make good use of it, (not to mention that we'd have to keep things there fairly secure due to the greedy publicity a joint ownership colony is likely to get). I'm actually willing to donate a colony to the alliance for this cause, but opinions/suggestions on the part of everyone else are obviously necessary for me to decide how I will continue with this endeavor.

So guys, thoughts? Smile

2Alliance Colony Empty Re: Alliance Colony Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Moff Taris

Admin

I would like to inquire how this alliance colony achieves these organizational goals. I can't seem to comprehend it myself, so any detailed explanations would be great. Also, we'd likely put it in the Hub, that central area. Probably in the West, or Southwest portion of that hub, as it seems to me that IU has most of its members to the South and West. If we do decide to make it, I'm perfectly happy to donate several colony ships to help build it.

Skyguy delenda est.

https://imperiumuniversum.forumotion.com

3Alliance Colony Empty Re: Alliance Colony Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Tsal

Moff Taris wrote:I would like to inquire how this alliance colony achieves these organizational goals. I can't seem to comprehend it myself, so any detailed explanations would be great. Also, we'd likely put it in the Hub, that central area. Probably in the West, or Southwest portion of that hub, as it seems to me that IU has most of its members to the South and West. If we do decide to make it, I'm perfectly happy to donate several colony ships to help build it.

Skyguy delenda est.

From what I understand, it works a lot like the Guild World in the space strategy Nemexia, if you're familiar with it. If not, don't worry! I'll explain further. Razz

Basically, the alliance can only have 1 colony at a time, and this colony is essentially controlled by all members. For example, everyone could select it in their colonies menu, could pop open production/colony tabs for it and see all the buildings, could upgrade buildings as necessary, and could send out raids. This kind of control can be a blessing or a disaster.

Blessing: If we operate as a collective and trust one another to act logically when using the colony, each person can allocate construction where it is needed, build ships as needed, etc. This increases efficiency tenfold because we'd pretty much be able to keep this colony growing and raiding 24/7. Obviously, cooperation of our alliance is necessary for this.

Disaster: I don't want some troublemaker in the alliance logging on at the end of every day, popping open our colony, and spending all of our resources upgrading an embassy just because he needed something to upgrade.

We'll probably end up needing to put in some rules to prevent things from getting out of hand, and will need to send out messages to the entire alliance when important events are approaching so that we can conserve resources/ships. An example would be a war raid. I think one of the best things an allied colony could be used for is a full scale war fleet. When attacking a powerful enemy, each of our members could send their entire fleet to the joint colony and then we can attack that enemy simultaneously. That would pack a HUGE punch to any one person.

Just think of the concept as it is- we share it as an alliance. It belongs to everyone. It's a Communist regime. Wink

Though you're the only one who's posted, Moff, I'm going to take your advice about location, plop a new colony down in the Hub around 10:45 (Central Time US/GMT -6) this evening and then donate it to the alliance. This should be an interesting experiment considering the fact that I don't believe any of the other alliances have attempted to make use of the feature yet. Smile

Last edited by Tsal on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

4Alliance Colony Empty Re: Alliance Colony Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Mindzai

Sounds like a good idea to me.

5Alliance Colony Empty Re: Alliance Colony Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 am

matthus

Admin

It sounds like a good idea. It is strategically a good idea as long as all members are trustworthy. A central hub from which to attack could be quite effective if executed properly.

6Alliance Colony Empty Re: Alliance Colony Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:50 am

Tsal

Mindzai and I raised hell at the Xeno forum yesterday about the error relating to giving a colony to the alliance and received mixed responses, none of which made me feel much better.

The argument achieved its ultimatum with this:

"None of game pages [say this], but [the] game is still under development. It is, [I would] say, in [the] early alpha-version state.

I suggested [that we] place [an] "Alpha version" plate onto [the] main page, but this suggestion is being ignored."

There you have it folks. I knew Xeno had a few kinks here and there, but I had no idea that they were presenting it with features that weren't even available yet. Not to mention, they didn't even say that the game was still under testing. I don't see why they wouldn't, because most people who join are under the impression that the game is completed, and probably get pissed after a while with all the bugs. *cough Tsal cough*

Anyway, the allied colony feature clearly hasn't even been made yet, so this might not be a reality for a long while. In the meantime, we could always create a "pseudo-allied-colony" even though only 1 player could control it.

~Tsal

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum