Xeno: Imperium Universum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xeno: Imperium Universum

The Official Forum for the Alliance Imperium Universum!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temporary Storage Space

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Temporary Storage Space Empty Temporary Storage Space Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 pm

sakana

Just a quick note, probably everyone is aware, but wanted to put some notes here just in case.

I had reached max capacity for deuterium storage, and had a raid coming back with a lot of deuterium. Instead of losing it, I put a lot deuterium on the market to make room for the deuterium coming in. I jacked up the price to double what it's going for.

I don't expect anyone will buy it, and it gives me some safe extra storage until I need it back.

If someone does happen to buy it, well I made a ton of credits, so no harm done Smile

2Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Moff Taris

Admin

One should note this also works to *foil* raids that are incoming to you, if your deep core vault isn't adequate. Skyguy has had a standing offer of 30,000+ SC for 99,999 since the start of hostilities, for example. This technique is most effective for SC, since one freighter can carry 99,999 SC.

Skyguy delenda est.

https://imperiumuniversum.forumotion.com

3Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Tsal

Question time! Sakana, when you say "lose" do you mean that the resources are literally jettisoned into space and you lose everything? Or do you mean that it automatically converts to SC like normal generation?

4Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Moff Taris

Admin

I believe the resources are turned into SC at a 4:1 ratio.

Skyguy delenda est.

5Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:35 am

sakana

I'll have to check again, but last time I had a lot of resources coming back from a raid, and my storage was full, the resources just vanished, and I got no extra SC from it.....

Will do tests tomorrow...

Oh, and I'm working on a flight time calculator...will post a link when it's ready for testing Smile

Semper Fi

Skyguy delenda est.

6Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 am

sakana

Confirmed this morning....

I had a raid come back that put me 4000 units over my max storage capacity. After the raid arrived, The excess units vanished, and my SC total remained the same.

Semper Fi
Skyguy delenda est.

7Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Tsal

sakana wrote:Confirmed this morning....

I had a raid come back that put me 4000 units over my max storage capacity. After the raid arrived, The excess units vanished, and my SC total remained the same.

Semper Fi
Skyguy delenda est.

Ah, see? This is what I was afraid of happening. Thank you for the confirmation though! This will be helpful in the future when/if I start raiding. Razz

8Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:29 pm

sakana

lol - no if.....When! You should, at a minimum, raid the mines near you. Free resources rock!!!!!

9Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Tsal

sakana wrote:lol - no if.....When! You should, at a minimum, raid the mines near you. Free resources rock!!!!!

Well I've been using the small storage space method you posted up here to boost my production, (and it's worked fantastically), so considering the fact that all extra resources are simply dumped, raiding at the moment would be a bit of a waste, no? Razz

10Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

sakana

raids will also bring in SC....no cap on that Smile

11Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 am

Moff Taris

Admin

I sincerely suggest that raiding is the best way to gain resources. Hands down. Since food has become valuable again, it is hard to get SC. The best way to get SC is to just raid inactive players instead. Honestly, raiding allows you to utilize the production buildings of all these inactive players. So start building a fleet and get raiding!

12Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

LeiShen

For now i'm just pushing away my resources by converting them to SC. Since SC is unlimited, it is quite usable for emergency. Like what sakana said , i totally lost those extra resources when i needed SC.

13Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Mindzai

Plus even if your raided goods are wasted, it's better than the enemy getting it Very Happy

14Temporary Storage Space Empty Re: Temporary Storage Space Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:38 am

matthus

Admin

I actually prefer keeping my production rate to storage capacity at a ration of about 1:7 so I generate SC overnight. It has worked out quite well for me, since I have focused almost entirely on production for quite some time. Raids do help with SC if you manage to strike lucky though. I'm risk averse, so producing SC at a 4:1 ratio from productoin is my preference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum