Xeno: Imperium Universum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xeno: Imperium Universum

The Official Forum for the Alliance Imperium Universum!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Production levels

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Production levels Empty Production levels Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:05 am

Mindzai

I'm just wondering what level people get their production arrays to before concentrating on things like ship production? Currently my arrays at my main colony are around level 10 or 11, and it's getting to the point where the cost of upgrading is pretty expensive. Is it worth pushing on, or would I be better off building up production at other colonies to a higher level?

With the prospects of war such as they are, I feel I should really be starting to arm myself a bit better, but I'm not sure when to make the switch to ship production.

2Production levels Empty Re: Production levels Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Moff Taris

Admin

Honestly, my tactic is to make sure my colonies are busy building something at all times. With the "extra" resources, I build ships. And honestly, production increases do help immensely. I have level 13-17 in my production buildings, with Metal being 17 and food/irridium being 13. You get so many resources per upgrade at the higher levels it is worth it. However, they also take a long time, so you can't actually spend too many resources on them.

For example, it takes me 2 hours, with a level 20 starbase, to upgrade 14>15. Add on like two more buildings and I'm set until the next time I can log in. Let's say 10 hours. In which time, I'll make 21,000+ per resource, so I can expand another few buildings.

I still have enough resources to do fun stuff with naval units as well.

Really, I try to upgrade 2 or so production buildings per check per colony. With any excess resources, I build naval ships/upgrade/whatever.

Skyguy delenda est.

https://imperiumuniversum.forumotion.com

3Production levels Empty Re: Production levels Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Mindzai

Thanks, I think I might push on a bit further with production before arming up too heavily then, it sounds like it's worth it.

4Production levels Empty Re: Production levels Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Tsal

Lol, actually I get anxious if I don't have something under construction. After I had my production up to about 10 at most mines, I start to concentrate on more militant endeavors, but like Moff said, the extras go to continuing my mine upgrades. Another good way to ramp up your production is through the disco. Though its primary purpose is to increase SC revenue through tax increases, it also improves resource output immensely. I recommend upgrading it whenever it costs less than (or even a little more than) your regular mine upgrades because its effect helps all mines.

5Production levels Empty Re: Production levels Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 am

Moff Taris

Admin

It's especially helpful when you have high level mines. 5% of 2000 resources is 100 resources... and it affects all 4. I try to start it a bit early, as the effects are noticeable even then. Still, you do need some defense. Well, I guess that is what an alliance is for though, no?

Skyguy delenda est.

https://imperiumuniversum.forumotion.com

6Production levels Empty Re: Production levels Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 am

sakana

Yeah...I try to upgrade the disco often....since it works on all the mines at the same time, it's like getting 16 small upgrades on the mines with each disco level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]