Xeno: Imperium Universum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xeno: Imperium Universum

The Official Forum for the Alliance Imperium Universum!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Request to join

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Request to join Empty Request to join Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Mindzai

Hi!

I wonder if you would consider letting me join your ranks?

I am currently in an alliance I created myself, but I only created it to put people off of clicking my colony when it comes time to raid - I am the only member and would obviously delete this alliance if accepted.

Thanks!

2Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Tsal

It's nice to meet you Mindzai, welcome! Smile Moff and Matthus should get back to you shortly about acceptance. We appreciate your interest in IU. Wink

3Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Moff Taris

Admin

Welcome! I expect the invite to come in 2 days maximum.

Skyguy delenda est.

https://imperiumuniversum.forumotion.com

4Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 am

Mindzai

Thanks for the welcome Smile I look forward to joining up.

5Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 am

Mindzai

Hi Guys,

Any updates on my invite? Smile

BTW do other Alliances read this forum? I got an invite from skyguy this morning (needless to say I won't be accepting!), and Odin's Vortex wiped out most of my fleet yesterday (I'd never been attacked before). I wonder if they are targetting me because of this join request or if its coincidence.

Thanks!

6Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 am

Moff Taris

Admin

Other people can read the forums, but I don't see why Odins Vortex would attack you. We have something of an alliance with them, as we just recently interceded on their behalf in a war with elements of AOE. I'll also send another message to Matthus about your invite. I'd suggest leaving your current alliance of one to make it easier.

I'll see what we can do about this wiping of your fleet...

Edit: How many ships did you lose, might I inquire?

Also, Skyguy delenda est. Almost forgot it, can you believe it?

7Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 am

Mindzai

Moff Taris wrote:Other people can read the forums, but I don't see why Odins Vortex would attack you. We have something of an alliance with them, as we just recently interceded on their behalf in a war with elements of AOE. I'll also send another message to Matthus about your invite. I'd suggest leaving your current alliance of one to make it easier.

I'll see what we can do about this wiping of your fleet...

Edit: How many ships did you lose, might I inquire?

Also, Skyguy delenda est. Almost forgot it, can you believe it?

I left my alliance of one after posting the initial invite request, I guessed there might be an issue where the invite could not be sent if I was in an alliance already.

I guess in defense of Odin's Vortex I am currently showing up as an individual player without an alliance so there is no reason for them to leave me alone due to peace treaties etc - and to be clear it was just one player who was attacking, I don't want to make it sound like the whole alliance turned on me.

I lost all of the ships at my Capital which I believe was about 60 Terenas, a couple of spy ships and 8 Chronos (they hurt the most, I was just about to make a new colony Sad). I'm sure this is a pretty puny fleet compared to most of you but I have been concentrating on my economy and infrastructure rather than battle. Also I have never attacked or raided the player in question so wiping out my Chronos ships was harsh I thought! But such is war!

I still have some ships at my secondary colony though so all is not lost.

8Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Mindzai

Well I got the invite (thanks!), tried to join and got told "you have to leave your existing alliance to do that" - I am not in an alliance, and I can't get into the Embassy to see if there is a problem because there is an error! If this bug doesn't get fixed in a couple of days I will start a new account.

9Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Tsal

Mindzai wrote:Well I got the invite (thanks!), tried to join and got told "you have to leave your existing alliance to do that" - I am not in an alliance, and I can't get into the Embassy to see if there is a problem because there is an error! If this bug doesn't get fixed in a couple of days I will start a new account.

This bug is actually a frequent problem from what I've skimmed over in the forums; however, I've never read any of the "omg can't open embassy" threads thoroughly, so I would recommend seeing if you can find solutions in one of those before resorting to something as drastic as a restart. In the meantime, consider yourself "unofficially" a member. Wink

10Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Moff Taris

Admin

Indeed, restarting at this point in Ultima would... take a long time to rebuild. We'll have to hope that this bug gets resolved, but in the meantime I suggest putting in your profile something along the lines of "Member of IU" and something about how the only reason you're not "Official" is this bug.

So welcome to the Imperium!

Skyguy delenda est.

11Request to join Empty Re: Request to join Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Mindzai

I spent a while looking back through the old bug threads and it doesn't seem like the Devs are too quick to fix bugs like this. Annoyingly I am a professional PHP programmer and I could probably fix it myself pretty quickly! However I don't want to wait forever without being able to properly join so I made a new account. My old one was a month old so it is a shame, but I will move all of my ships and resources before I destroy my old account so all is not lost.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum